You could go either way. I think that being able to provide diverse
solutions is much better for the client; many clients will balk at using
%vendor% and being able to provide them with an alternative is advantageous.
At the same time, being able to efficiently install and configure a product
saves time/money all the way around.

My philosophy as a consultant is to offer a solution that fits the client
rather than shoehorning them into my paradigm. In some cases this means
AD/multiple servers, in some it's SBS, in some it's hosted exchange. Much of
the decision making has to do with the client's budget and the type of data
they need to protect/access.

By being familiar/proficient with multiple product lines, you become better
able to fit the solution to the client's needs...

Charlie Kaiser
charl...@golden-eagle.org
Kingman, AZ