From: pdw1...@hotmail.com [mailto:pdw1...@hotmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 09, 2010 3:19 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: dcpromo 2 old W2K dc's

We're running two W2003 dc's but have not 'upgraded' to W2003 AD; still
running on W2K.  I have the 2 W2k dc's off-line right now.  I want to
demote both.  My question is:  since the W2K dc's have been off-line for
a while, should I bring them on-line and then leave it be for a while so
the fRS can complete or I can bring it on-line and run dc-promo right
away? Note that DNS is not running on the W2K dc's; that was moved to
the W2003.