Correction -- the emails all say "failed" but when I look at the log entries
about every other one says "passed."

-----Original Message-----
From: John Aldrich [mailto:jaldr...@blueridgecarpet.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 14, 2010 8:51 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Strange PowerChute errors

I had to reinstall PowerChute (Business Edition Basic) on one of our servers
yesterday because it went brain dead and couldn't see the UPS. I also
switched from USB to serial for the communications.

I got a bunch of alternating messages from PowerChute overnight, one saying
self-test failed, and the next one would say the self-test completed
successfully. I also got errors about the site wiring, but when I look at
the local console on the server, it says it's fine. I'm not sure what to
make of it. Granted the UPS is over 3 years old, but the lights on the UPS
itself show the battery is in good condition and has plenty of run-time.

How would you guys interpret the results?