We use Manage Engine Netflow Monitor and it supports ASA > 8.2.

-mb

From: Andy Shook [mailto:andy.sh...@peak10.com]
Sent: Friday, September 10, 2010 7:31 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: bandwidth monitoring part deux

So I was reading up on implementing netflow on my Cisco 3750 core switch stack
and guess whut.  The 3750 platform does not support netflow.  Awesome.

So, I'm now thinking I my only option is to span my uplink port to my ASA and
use software brand 'X' to analyze the captured data and put it into purdy
little graphs for this customer.

Customer would like to know who is using bandwidth and what they are doing with
it.  FYI, I'm already running MRTG Bundle on the switches so I have raw
bandwidth utilization numbers, trends, etc.  However, I need the ability to
drill down more.  I do have an upstream ASA5510 running 8.3.1 and an upstream
2821 router to terminate two ISPs, do the BGP stuff but I figure monitoring the
ASA or the BGP router is worthless b\c of translation, etc.

You done got any ideers?

Shook

or send an email to