What version are you using?

Visio Viewer 2007 SP2 is required to function, per the FAQ on the
Security Bulletin for the Killbits article you referenced, when this
security update has been applied:

I had been using Microsoft Office Visio Viewer 2002 or Microsoft Office
Visio Viewer 2003 for which this bulletin, MS09-055, has set the kill
bit. From where can I download the latest Visio Viewer?
You can download Microsoft Office Visio Viewer 2007 Service Pack 2 from
the Microsoft Office Online site, Viewers for Visio 2007
<http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/downloads/CD102071301033.aspx> .
Then, in order to be protected from the vulnerabilities described in
MS09-060 <http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=160633> , you must
apply the update for Microsoft Office Visio Viewer 2007 Service Pack 2
(KB973709) from the same bulletin. Alternatively, Automatic Updates can
apply the latter update for you if you have set Automatic Updates on.

I had been using Microsoft Office Visio Viewer 2007 or Microsoft Office
Visio Viewer 2007 Service Pack 1. After applying the update from this
bulletin, MS09-055, my Visio Viewer stopped working. What do I do now?
In order to use Visio Viewer, you can download Microsoft Office Visio
Viewer 2007 Service Pack 2 from the Microsoft Office Online site,
Viewers for Visio 2007
<http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/downloads/CD102071301033.aspx> .
Then, in order to be protected from the vulnerabilities described in
MS09-060 <http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=160633> , you must
apply the update for Microsoft Office Visio Viewer 2007 Service Pack 2
(KB973709) from the same bulletin. Alternatively, Automatic Updates can
apply the latter update for you if you have set Automatic Updates on.

I have Microsoft Office Visio Viewer 2007 Service Pack 2 and have
applied the update from MS09-060. Do I still need to set the kill bit
for Visio Viewer using the update from this bulletin, MS09-055?
Yes, Microsoft recommends applying the update from this bulletin because
the update includes kill bits for other vulnerable controls. For more
information, see the FAQ section of CVE-2009-2493.

We have no issues here with Visio Viewer 2007 Service Pack 2.

Good luck,

Joe