From: Erik Goldoff [mailto:egold...@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, September 17, 2010 7:49 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Juniper VPN Tunnel Query

OK, at site B you set up a static route

   10.60.1.1  255.255.255.255  -> 192.168.99.1    - so that all site B
computers know how to get to the main firewall via the local firewall ( the
local firewall will know to traverse the VPN and not the public internet )

Also at site B you set up a default gateway route

  0.0.0.0  0.0.0.0  -> 10.60.1.1   so that all default traffic goes to the
main site.

Alternatively, you could put a static route in the remote Juniper to locate
the public IP of the Main firewall via the remote internet/public port
address  ( to facilitate the tunnel ) and a default gateway in the remote
Juniper to the main firewall at 10.60.1.1

This way, ONLY the traffic to create the tunnel will travel the internet
connection on the remote Juniper, and ALL OTHER traffic is forced over the
tunnel.  This would complicate any remote configuration/access to the
Juniper at 192.168.99.1 except from within the main site

Erik Goldoff

IT  Consultant

Systems, Networks, & Security

'  Security is an ongoing process, not a one time event ! '