From: Malcolm Reitz [mailto:malcolm.re...@live.com]
Sent: Monday, September 20, 2010 5:42 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: PowerShell - pipeline input help

I'm trying to write a simple PS script to put the membership of an OU in to a
security group. I can do this with a bit of code like below, which seems to
work fine.

$users = get-aduser -filter * -searchbase "OU=Test, OU=User Accounts,
DC=fabrikam, DC=com"
foreach($user in $users)
{
add-adgroupmember groupname $user
}

However, for my  PowerShell education, I tried just piping the output of
get-aduser in to add-adgroupmember.

get-aduser -filter * -searchbase "OU=Test, OU=User Accounts,  DC=fabrikam,
DC=com" | add-adgroupmember groupname *

This fails miserably. I'm guessing I don't have the correct parameter syntax
for add-adgroupmember? Can any of our PS pros point me in the right direction
for the answer?

Thanks,
-Malcolm