For me it comes down to purchased intent.  Did I buy the hardware with the
features I wanted.  Yes.  Can it do more..  Doesn't matter.  If it can, great I
can upgrade when I want..BUT I GOT what I paid for.

Would you buy the computer that cost 2500.00 because it has 8 cores, and 8 gig
ram or buy the exact same system hard locked to 4 core and 4 gig ram for
1500.00.

Would you rather buy a second system for 2500.00 and be out the 1500 again when
you need the upgrade?

I don't see a problem with the business logic of applying software based
licensing to hardware as long as all of the features are disclosed before the
purchase.  Especially if the application of such licenses lowers my cost to buy
what I need and not more.  What REALLY ticks me off is when I have to buy a
certain model to get an included feature, but I get 10 things I don't want..
Touring edition of a CAR for example.  I want the rear camera, but I have to
pay 5k worth of upgrades for navi, in dash DVD, etc..because its all bundled.

Give me hardware that can do it all, and turn off what I am not paying
for..Anyone wish CABLE TV did this..  Sound me AN AMEN!!

Whether it feels like you are being rubbed or not, is irrelevant.  Did you get
what you paid for and just complaining that you didn't get something you didn't
pay for free?

Greg Sweers
CEO
ACTS360.com