From: Steve Hanna [mailto:sha...@fleet.ca]
Sent: Wednesday, September 22, 2010 9:21 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: odd local profile behavior

Gent's
 I'm just looking for some thoughts here. Please understand my environment
is not the most modern (we'll leave  it at that) over the last week we have
had several machines come up with corrupt local profiles all the machines in
question do run AV software (SAV 9.0.338) All machines are XP sp3 + patches.
this doesn't seem to be an issue of folks inadvertently downloading
something (my own desktop has the same problem and I practice safe
computing).

I also have several NT 4.0 Workstations on the network and none of them have
had the problem.

I know this is a Sky high post but just looking for some brainstorming ideas
as to what may be causing it.

 --Steve

PS, sorry for the remedial question but I'm running out of ideas (and we are
rebuilding machines at an alarming rate)