I don't think so...  You just have the 30 days to get it activated...

From: "Ziots, Edward" <ezi...@lifespan.org>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2010 14:23:53
To: NT System Admin Issues<ntsysadmin@lyris.sunbelt-software.com>
<ntsysadmin@lyris.sunbelt-software.com>Subject: RE: KMS Help

Another question on the KMS thing, is there a certain limit of Windows
2008 R2 systems you can license through M$ (Via the Activate interface)
in Windows 2008 R2 before your license key doesn't allow you to activate
anymore without a KMS?

Edward E. Ziots

CISSP, Network +, Security +

Network Engineer