For testing do you even need to bother with RAID (or rather spending the money
just to have RAID for testing)?

What I would do is try a P4000 VSA and something like the OpenFiler Virtual
Appliance which can do NFS, CIFS or iSCSI then you'll have some hands-on with
shared storage and you'll be a little wiser on where a NAS device may be more
useful than a SAN, or not.

One thing I noticed in one of your earlier posts is that you referred to being
able to do SAN level replication - to what (if you only have one device)?

Oh and the IOPS stuff I listed, I'd do that ASAP, I suspect it'll come back
showing you have very low utilization in spite of the data volume but you do
need the IOPS numbers.