so yes.  this works but is still not as pretty as it could be.

PS:\> Get-ChildItem '\\serverName\d$\Research in Motion\BlackBerry
Enterprise Server\Logs\*' -Recurse -Include PhoneCallLog*.csv |
Select-String -SimpleMatch -Pattern "Steven Peck" | export-csv
./filename.csv -NoTypeInformation

When exploring, I tend to stick things in variables so I can play with them.

PS:\> $logs = Get-ChildItem '\\serverName\d$\Research in Motion\BlackBerry
Enterprise Server\Logs\*' -Recurse -Include PhoneCallLog*.csv |
Select-String -SimpleMatch -Pattern "Steven Peck"

PS:> $logs | Get-Memeber -memberType Property
Name       MemberType Definition
----       ---------- ----------
Context    Property   Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.MatchInfoContext Context
{get;set;}
Filename   Property   System.String Filename {get;}
IgnoreCase Property   System.Boolean IgnoreCase {get;set;}
Line       Property   System.String Line {get;set;}
LineNumber Property   System.Int32 LineNumber {get;set;}
Matches    Property   System.Text.RegularExpressions.Match[] Matches
{get;set;}
Path       Property   System.String Path {get;set;}
Pattern    Property   System.String Pattern {get;set;}

About the only thing that seems interesting to me are Line, Filename, and
Pattern
Line because it has the match, filename as it has the log file date and
pattern to remind myself what I was searching for.

PS:> $logs | Select Filename, Pattern, Line -first 5
that shows if it's what I want.

PS:> $logs | Select Filename, Pattern, Line | Export-Csv ./file.csv
-NoTypeInformation

Trivia you need -NoTypeInformation or dotNet puts a type line as the first
entry in the file.

Now that gets you a lot of  the way there, but Line still would benefit from
being parsed out.  I am pretty sure there is a way to split it up but don't
have time to play with it this morning.  I put it on my white board as a
follow up just because knowing how would be useful later.

oh, you can skip the variable and just do this....

PS:\> Get-ChildItem '\\serverName\d$\Research in Motion\BlackBerry
Enterprise Server\Logs\*' -Recurse -Include PhoneCallLog*.csv |
Select-String -SimpleMatch -Pattern "Steven Peck" | Select Filename,
Pattern, Line | Export-Csv ./file.csv -NoTypeInformation

I thought I would show you how I arrived at this though.  Micheal may have a
way better way to get to this point, but I'm not there yet.  I put some good
PowerShell links in a block on my website, free eBook, collection of blogs
and such.  I am adding to it as I find things.

Steven Peck
www.blkmtn.org