From: Kurt Buff [mailto:kurt.b...@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, 29 September 2010 1:48 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Re: Outbound firewall ports

Yes, it does matter.

The inspection of traffic in this case is fairly irrelevant.

What I'm after is that *only* the squid proxy gets out on port 443.
Anything trying to get out on port 443 that doesn't go through the squid proxy
is by definition bad, and therefore blocked.

I don't have the resources to inspect traffic. That's a hard fact I have to
live with. Therefore, I have to rely on endpoint protection, and the idea that
only one host is allowed out.

You do what you can with what you have.

Kurt