I liked the following:

Mr Doran said the creators of the original Bios only expected it to have a
> lifetime of about 250,000 machines - a figure that has long been surpassed.

"They are as amazed as anyone else that now it is still alive and well in a
> lot of systems," he said. "It was never really designed to be extensible
> over time."

This is a reminder to each of us that even the most short-term of solutions
needs to be fairly well thought out, because short-term in theory might not
be short-term in practice.

*ASB *(My XeeSM Profile) <http://XeeSM.com/AndrewBaker>
*Exploiting Technology for Business Advantage...*
* *