No, I've found it to be quite a PITA.

So if you go to C:\ and select Properties on the "Users" folder you still
can't see permissions?  I just looked on my server, but it's R2, I wouldn't
think that would make a difference...but it might.

If you can access the "Users" folder you could take ownership at that level
and have it applied to all subfolders.

 - WJR