++

Slight diversion. Anyone used any NAS boxes from QNAP? In particular I am
looking at the TS-459 pro for home use.

From: Andrew S. Baker [mailto:asbz...@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 12, 2010 3:19 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Re: Home server system

Yeah, it's funny how quickly people at home start demanding SLAs and become
intolerant of any downtime.  :)

-ASB

On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 5:00 PM, Steven Peck <sep...@gmail.com> wrote:

Mines been solid all this year.  I found that for each system I have a user
account created for it and that solved the password issue (since each system is
mostly for one person it works out fine).  I also use it as the print server
for everyone so that is nice as well.

While there are times when I like to play IT at home, in general I don't want
to finagle and experiment with stuff that is protecting my families
data/services or my customer (wife) gets irate.  At work we have a separate
lab, so at home I have a separate lab. :)