No gotchas - pretty much works with the default/suggested settings for
starters.  Very easy to manage.  Does a great job.  How is the port redirection
going to work ?  Doesn't the Barracuda have a different public IP ?

CFee
From: Tom Miller [mailto:tmil...@hnncsb.org]
Sent: Wednesday, October 13, 2010 8:48 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Barracuda spam and virus firewall

Folks,

We are replacing our current e-mail spam/anti-virus filter with a Barracuda
400.  The admin guide looks pretty straightforward for the various settings.
Looking for any recommendations as to particular settings, lessons learned or
gotchas as it were.  We plan to start with inbound filtering, add outbound once
that is stabilized.  I plan to use port redirection and keep my current MX
record unaltered, if that matters.

Comments, suggestions appreciated.

Tom Miller
Engineer, Information Technology
Hampton-Newport News Community Services Board
757-788-0528

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail message, including attachments, is for the
sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and
privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, or
message.

or send an email to