From: Tim Vander Kooi [mailto:tvanderk...@expl.com]
Sent: Friday, October 15, 2010 8:57 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Communication

It's really not. Service Manager is a new product unto itself which has gone
through many different major iterations while in development. Keep in mind that
SM was being worked on prior to System Center being around. The fact that the
team started out working in an SMS world and ended up in a SCCM/SCOM world is a
testament to what they had to go through to get the product out the door.
Personally, I am very glad they waited to release it until it was really worthy
of going public, I think that is why you hear the sentiments about System
Center being one of the best products MS has ever produced.
Tim