Adobe posted an announcement for the next version of Reader/Acrobat:

http://blogs.adobe.com/adobereader/2010/10/announcing-adobe-reader-x.htm

The interesting tidbit for me was the new Protected Mode (initially said
to prevent writes to the system per some set of rules). This is a
Microsoft sandboxing technique. Adobe says they've consulted with MS and
Google's Chrome developers along with others to develop the sandbox for
Reader/Acrobat.

http://blogs.adobe.com/asset/2010/07/introducing-adobe-reader-protected-
mode.html

Preorder for Acrobat ends November 30th, so I'm guessing this would be
released by the end of the year.

Most of the infections I've dug into at %WORK% have had some PDF
involvement so I'm really hoping this helps!