I need to find the same solution that your looking for but for a very small
group.  I have been tossing around the idea of using Dropbox.  I would not
want to use it for anything confidential but for my use it looks like it
would work pretty well.

You can retrieve previous versions and more than one person can work on a
file at once.  That's about the extent of collaboration tools though.