  From: Ziots, Edward
  To: NT System Admin Issues
  Sent: Wednesday, October 20, 2010 12:19 PM
  Subject: RE: Quick SQL Question

  +1,

  If you got the horse power then running SQL reporting services on the same
box as the SQL Server actually saves you in licensing costs and hardware costs.

  Although on the other hand I have never been a fan of doing reporting against
production databases, I rather see them Transactionally log shipped to a
dedicated SQL Server, and the reporting services either running on that server,
so the reports can be done, or this backup server is a dedicated failover ( SQL
2005/2008 Mirrioring)

  Edward E. Ziots

  CISSP, Network +, Security +

  Network Engineer