when I was using a hosts file, it was 273k, and
my computer started running real slow when connected to the internet.
It seemed that the computer was loading the hosts
file into memory.   So it was a long startup, and
when you went to a web site, it had to look
through the hosts to make sure it was not
blocked, another slowdown.  So in effect, I
removed the hosts file to make my computer run faster.

Are any of you guys seeing this problem?

We also seen slow internet when using only the
spybot hosts.  Which is probably only 10k or so in size.

At 11:42 AM 10/22/2010, Bill Humphries wrote:
>I like this hosts file:
>
>http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm
>
>Bill
>

>HELP_PC wrote:
>>Running immunization does it
>>
>>GuidoElia
>>HELPPC

--------Andy-Ofalt---863-3449------405-Ag-Admin-Bldg------for
more information go  to
http://ict.cas.psu.edu/Contacts.html  ----------
My little blurb to eat up bandwidth and make your mail box even larger
  The real problem is that IP, a connectionless
protocol, was never developed to be the universal
protocol. ATM was developed to serve that purpose and failed.