From: Webster <carlwebs...@gmail.com>
To: NT System Admin Issues <ntsysadmin@lyris.sunbelt-software.com>
Sent: Thu, October 28, 2010 12:45:57 PM
Subject: RE: trade publications - toss or archive?

I still keep my TechNet and Windows IT Pro mags.  I threw out all the other
mags
I had dating back to 1984.  I had to get permission from my office landlord to
throw them all away because I filled up the dumpster for the building!  City
recycling didn’t want that much paper.

Webster

From:Raper, Jonathan - Eagle [mailto:jra...@eaglemds.com]
Subject: OT: trade publications - toss or archive?

Ok, so I’ll let you in on a little secret. I’m a pack rat.

I’m trying to change….really.

I’ve got a ton of trade publications, dating back years:

Information Week
CIO Decisions
Technet
Windows IT Pro
Storage
Information Security

And I’m sure a few others.

For those of you that subscribe to and read these magazines, do you see ANY
value in keeping them for any length of time after you’ve skimmed/read them?
I’m
leaning toward pitching [read: recycling] anything more than 3 months old, but
just wanted some objective perspective.
~ <http://www.sunbeltsoftware.com/Business/VIPRE-Enterprise/>  ~