Dear Lord.  A Sunbelt/GFI salesperson who won't contact you?

That's something I need to look into.

Alex

________________________________
From: Kim Longenbaugh [mailto:k...@colonialsavings.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 27, 2010 11:12 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: [maybe spam] AV (again)

Patience, Grasshopper.

From: Larry Rappaport [mailto:r...@lmr.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 27, 2010 10:05 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: [maybe spam] AV (again)

I know this has been brought up numerous times, but...

I have a very small network.  Windows Server 2003 & 4 workstations running
Windows XP Pro sp3, Windows & Business Pro (x86), and Windows 7 Ulimate on a
Lenovo X301 laptop.  The server is connected to the internet through a
Sonicwall TZ-170 hardware firewall to a SDSL modem.  I have used AVG Network
edition on all machines to protect the machines.  Recently we had one
workstation (Windows XP Pro sp3) get infected with the SmithFraud trojan and
it's been an incredible hassle to get rid of it.  We want to switch our AV
stuff, since AVG never caught it and still cannot get rid of it.  After a bit
of research, it looks like Vipre is the one to go with, but after several
attempts, I can't even get in touch with them.  Their sales line remains
unanswered and cannot even receive messages.  It doesn't sound like they want
to do business.  I need some advice - what would you folks recommend?  Thanks.

--

Larry