Set your installation of the plugin to use detailed logging, see what's tanking.
Setup a procmon in a console while you install, then filter, see if it's
getting called if no log appears with the answer.
jlc

From: Sean Martin [mailto:seanmarti...@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, October 29, 2010 4:09 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Office 2007 Customization Tool

Ok, I'm running into a brick wall....please help!

We have several Custom Office 2007 packages and I'm trying to update one to
include the installation of a couple of Outlook Plugins. Using the OCT, I open
the existing package, and have tried multiple methods of installing one simple
Outlook plugin:

Add installations and run programs:
1) Pointing directly to the plugin.msi, with /quiet /norestart switches
2) Pointing directly to the plugin.msi, no switches
3) Moving the plugin.msi to the Updates location for Office12 then pointing to
that.
4) Creating a batch file to install plugin.msi, and pointing to that.

I've opened our existing package and tried saving the changes back to the
original. I've tried opening the package and saving it as new. It doesn't seem
to be working. I'm testing this on a PC without Office installed, so I should
be able to run the setup.exe /adminfile <custom.msp>....right?

End result....Office installs just fine, my plugin does not. It appears to
ignore the fact I've included additional post install tasks. My googlefu hasn't
turned up much of anything, other than notes about the proper way to update
existing Office installs. I'm trying to do a new install.

Has anyone run into this before?

- Sean

or send an email to