On Mon, Nov 1, 2010 at 8:47 AM, Glen Johnson <gjohn...@vhcc.edu> wrote:
> I’ll then set all the exchange services to manual or disabled, disable
> starting of the qb and power church software.
>
> Shut down the system and then boot with my copy of UBCD, use one of the
> tools to copy the existing D partition to the new raid 1 array I’ve just
> created, resizing in the process.

  As long as all services are stopped, you should be able to do the
file copy from Windows.  Just ROBOCOPY from D:\ to x:\, then use
Device Manager to swap the drive letters.

> I know I can use the UBCD to clone and resize the drives, but I’m doubting
> windows would boot from the new controller and drives.

  There's a way to install and enable additional boot-time drivers, so
you can migrate to a new storage controller.  You have  to do it in
advance of the change.  I know SYSPREP can do it, but that's not what
you want here.  Maybe someone else can chime in on this one.

-- Ben