I created a group policy to force some machines in a lab to connect to a
particular wireless network. Unfortunately, when creating the policy I made a
mistake configuring the password. So when you try to connect to the network you
get a message saying, "The settings saved on this computer for the network do
not match the requirements of the network."

So I turned the policy back off and ran gpupdate /force on the machines in the
lab, and they all started working again in the sense that the policy was no
longer applied and I could manually connect to the wireless network and enter
the password.

Except for one machine. That machine still won't connect. Still says the saved
settings for the wireless network are wrong. It says it's getting its group
policy updates fine, yet this policy just won't go away.

We've even gone so far as to unjoin the machine from the domain. Still, no luck.

I can run regedit and look under the wlansvc -> GroupPolicy section and delete
the key that has the SSID of the network (and, I'm assuming, is storing the
wrong password info), but when I restart the WLAN AutoConfig service the key
comes right back again.

How the heck do I get rid of this policy once and for all?

John Hornbuckle
MIS Department
Taylor County School District
www.taylor.k12.fl.us

NOTICE: Florida has a broad public records law. Most written communications to
or from this entity are public records that will be disclosed to the public and
the media upon request. E-mail communications may be subject to public
disclosure.