On 5 Nov 2010 at 11:11, Scott Schneider  wrote:

>     We are trying to figure out a way or accomplishing this without having
> the user send their old laptop back to us before they are live on the new
> laptop.

You might be able to put together a step-by-step for your remote users with
this tool:

============= Included Stuff Follows =============
Windows Easy Transfer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    Windows Easy Transfer can transfer [1]:

        * Files and folders including photos, music, videos, documents, email
    messages and contacts
        * User accounts and user account settings
        * Application configuration data files and settings
        * Several Windows configuration settings stored in the registry

    The program does not support transferring entire applications themselves
    and system files such as fonts and drivers.[1] For transferring certain
    supported applications, Microsoft had planned to release Windows Easy
    Transfer Companion but never released the final version.[3] Also, for
    power users, administrators and enterprise computers, a command-line User
    State Migration Tool (USMT) is available.[4].

  Transfer methods

    There are several methods that can be used [1]:

        * Using a proprietary USB-to-USB bridge cable known as the Easy
    Transfer Cable
        * Using CD/DVD, a USB flash drive, or an external hard disk drive
        * Over a wired or wireless network or using an ethernet crossover
    cable

============= Included Stuff Ends =============
More here with links:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Easy_Transfer