Cool, thanks guys. just what I was looking for.  I can't remember why I
even set it up that way.  Cobwebs in the brain...

>>> "Kennedy, Jim" <kennedy...@elyriaschools.org> 11/17/2010 11:26 AM

That is your answer. If internal names are being used you should only
provide the internal dns servers to your clients.  And then make sure
your internal DNS servers are capable of resolving external name spaces
with either root servers or your ISP’s servers.

From: Tom Miller [mailto:tmil...@hnncsb.org]
Sent: Wednesday, November 17, 2010 11:19 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: DNS question

And perhaps I should not provide external DNS servers via DHCP; provide
internal only, and have only ISP DNS servers on my servers that provide
DNS services.

Confidentiality Notice:  This e-mail message, including attachments, is
for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain
disclosure, or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the intended
copies of the original message.