http://support.microsoft.com/kb/942564

From: VIPCS [mailto:vi...@stny.rr.com]
Sent: Sunday, November 28, 2010 4:04 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Issue with Service and Login Account on NT 4.0 SP6a machine, ideas?

Did you check to see if the account password has expired, or the account is
locked out?  Does the account have the "login as a service" user right?

Are there group policies that may be affecting the ability of the account to be
granted the correct user rights?

Is the account in question a domain user account, or a computer account?

Note also that just because an account exists does not mean the account is what
the service is looking for.  If you had a domain "cvsmdm" account and it was
deleted, and then recreated, it has a new SID, so that its previous permissions
(such as login as a service) are gone.

Finally, to follow up on what Michael Smith asked, what are the circumstances
under which the problem arose?  In particular, how long after raising the
FFL/DFL?

Sincerely,

Jeffrey and Mary Jane Harris

VIPCS