Honestly, to your network-guy: Security by obscurity is not a security
framework I would be subscribing to.

If no servers in the DMZ was allowed to talk through a  perimeter
firewall ( separate the DMZ from Internal NET), then they aren't going
to be able to touch the internal LAN.

Depending on how the network is setup, and if there are any internal
firewalls, or access-lists on the routers, the LAN to LAN
"island-hopping" as we call it may or may not be available.

Edward E. Ziots

CISSP, Network +, Security +

Network Engineer

Lifespan Organization