From: David Lum [mailto:david....@nwea.org]
Sent: Thursday, December 02, 2010 10:42 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: OMFG it works (was RE: 2008 R2 RDS (was Terminal Server)in DMZ to
2K3 DC in LAN)

Right. Our non-profit licensing/seat is about $20 x 150 users = $3000
Probably 30 hours of work soup to nuts for the labor of everyone involved?
Let's call it $2000 of NWEA labor (this includes total FTE cost, not just their
salary).

Really hard to tell how much actual time as it was time here, time there,
working with the network guys, etc. I could of course duplicate this entire
thing in about 4 hours (or less) now but that's a different story, it was the
learning curve and it was fun!!! We might have saved labor costs by bringing
someone in to set it up but where's the fun in that, and now I have that
knowledge (documenting everything as we speak while it's fresh in my head)

I swear 50% of the time was the DMZ system effort - sticking it in the LAN and
opening 443 out would have saved significant time.
David Lum // SYSTEMS ENGINEER
NORTHWEST EVALUATION ASSOCIATION
(Desk) 971.222.1025 // (Cell) 503.267.9764