Make sure you back up transaction logs also or your transaction logs will
grow

From: Ziots, Edward [mailto:ezi...@lifespan.org]
Sent: Wednesday, December 08, 2010 9:54 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Quick Newb SQL Question

Yep, you defintely want to set it for full-recovery mode. This is why we
control all DB installs, so that the vendors don't do whatever they feel
like, and leave the users high and dry. ( Best you can do with Simple
recovery mode is go back to the last full backup), with full recovery mode
you can apply the latest backup and replay the transaction logs up to the
minute you need the database back to.

Good reason to always use best practices, never give vendors SA, and apply
least privilege when granting permissions to vendor accounts for access to
their databases.

Edward E. Ziots

CISSP, Network +, Security +

Network Engineer