It appears that this discussion is no longer germane to your original post.
At the very least you're not finding agreement with your point of view.
In your OP you said you were being forced to accept Skype.  It's doubtful
that any security concerns you raise will cause management to change their
mind.  Their decision has been made, you make it happen, share your security
concerns so they're noted for the record, implement their requested software
based on the business need and move on.  As one of the partners in my firm
loves to say, don't show my the pain, show me the baby.  Once he's made up
my mind, it is going to happen, regardless of any subordinate's[1] wishes.
This is all very familiar[2].

[1] I have had success in raising concerns to other receptive partners and
having him back track, but that's a political move, not a technical move.
[2] Have we had a similar discussion before?