From: Tom Miller [mailto:tmil...@hnncsb.org]
Sent: Wednesday, January 05, 2011 2:37 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Metro Ethernet ?

Firewall?  Why are you routing that through a firewall?  Our setup is our ISP's
equipment is connected directly to a second core switch for Metro E.

>>> "Paul Everett" <evere...@leementalhealth.org> 1/5/2011 2:16 PM >>>
We recently went from a T1 Internet connection to 10meg Metro-E and we tested
10 megs to our ISP, but only 5 to Miami, 3 to Atlanta, and only 1meg to the
West Coast.
Our problem was our Firewall couldn't handle the throughput.
Paul