Not to mention that pre-made is pre-tested as well.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jim McAtee [mailto:j...@zolx.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 05, 2011 8:31 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Re: Patch Cable for patch panels

Non-snagless.  Much easier to work with.  I cut the tab covering off with
a utility knife if I can't find non-snagless.

And definitely manufactured rather than self-made.  Most of the molded
plugs are a combination of stress-relief, which is fine, and the snagless
covering.  I haven't seen too many non-snagless patch cords with molded
ends.