-----Original Message-----
From: "Tom Miller" <tmil...@hnncsb.org>
Date: Fri, 07 Jan 2011 09:02:33
To: NT System Admin Issues<ntsysadmin@lyris.sunbelt-software.com>
<ntsysadmin@lyris.sunbelt-software.com>Subject: Re: App-V on XenApp - shared
cache?

Not having used App-V but used Citrix products, what are you trying to
do with App-V?  For our XenDesktop images, I have several, and in all
but just a few cases, the applications are installed directly onto those
images.  Only our EMR and accounting packages are still delivered via
Citrix Hosted-App/Program Agent.  I have cache sent to the SAN to which
the XenServers are connected.  I think...need to check.

>>> James Rankin <kz2...@googlemail.com> 1/7/2011 8:47 AM >>>
If the recommendation is for the "read-only cache" to be used in a VDI
environment only, then I guess that for a pure XenApp published desktop
environment, I'll have to cache the applications to the XenApp servers
themselves, and make the necessary allowances for disk space overhead.
Unless, I suppose, I can share a read-only hard drive between all my
XenApp VMs, and use that for the cache. I suppose that might work. Not
sure whether it would be supported, though.

Cheers,