From:   Miller Bonnie L. <mille...@mukilteo.wednet.edu>
To:     "NT System Admin Issues" <ntsysadmin@lyris.sunbelt-software.com>
Date:   01/11/2011 04:40 PM
Subject:        Domain and Forest Functional levels

We are currently running WS08 R2 schema (upgraded quite a while ago), but
still sitting at WS03 functional levels for both the domain and forest
settings.

I’m trying to get ABE working with DFS, and have discovered the domain
functional level must be at WS08 minimum (amongst other things, including
namespace migrations).

So, besides not being able to run a WS03 DC in WS08 functional mode or
both WS03 and WS08 DCs in WS08 R2 functional mode, is there anything else
that is LOST functionality?  I’m finding a lot of articles on how-to and
what you can gain, but I want to make sure we won’t miss anything
important that is in use.  Still searching, but if you have any links or
first-hand knowledge, I would appreciate it as it’s been many years since
we’ve had to raise levels for a feature.

We are also running:
Exchange 2007 SP3
Sharepoint 2007 SP2
SCCM 2007 (R2 I think, can find out if it matters)

Thanks,
-Bonnie

This message, and any attachments to it, may contain information
that is privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under
applicable law.  If the reader of this message is not the intended
recipient, you are notified that any use, dissemination,
distribution, copying, or communication of this message is strictly
prohibited.  If you have received this message in error, please
notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete the
message and any attachments.  Thank you.