Yeah I read that after I had responded.  I have never worked with that type
of power supply and I will say I rarely purchased the low end UPS's in any
case.  Servers has rack mounted APC's and I did do some testing usually when
the junior admin was in the cage "fixing" the wiring and he would pull the
plug on the UPS to move it out of his way.  The only time we lost anything
was when the battery was bad and after that we did annual testing of the
batteries and when there was time monthly tests.

Jon