Situation: Windows XP SP3, WORKGROUP setup **_NOT DOMAIN **... I
tried replacing a personal license of ZoneAlarm Security Suite with VIPRE
Enterprise on a roving laptop which only occasionally comes back to the
home office and in fact is in Mexico most of the time.  The user told me he
banks online with Banamex, and Banamex requires that he have Ahnlab
security software installed.

According to the Banamex page on the Ahnlab software, the software only
scans memory and only when the user goes to the bank site:

    * Further Information - AhnLab:
https://www.bancanetempresarial.banamex.com.mx/englishdir/bankhelp/hlp_ahnlabinfo.htm
or http://tinyurl.com/47kfkak

That page also says the user needs to have AV software installed as well as
Ahnlab software.

However, after I removed ZoneAlarm Security Suite and installed VIPRE
Enterprise 4, the first time I tried to scan a questionable file (a binary file
named d61335c0.txt in "c:\windows\system32\E38489\") by right-clicking the
file and choosing "Scan with VIPRE", the system locked hard with a "System
is busy, Switch / Retry / Cancel" dialog in front of the VIPRE splash screen.
No matter how many times I clicked [Switch] or [Retry] or [Cancel] or [X], it
came back to the dialog.  When I turned the system off and back on, none of
the logins except the main local "Administrator" account worked -- from the
Welcome screen or from Ctrl-Alt-Del they all gave me an error dialog that
said "Your computer is configured to prevent you from using this computer.
Please try another computer."  All the googling I have done suggests this
should be a DOMAIN error, but this computer is in Workgroup mode and has
NEVER been associated with a domain.

I "resolved" the problem by using "System Restore" back to before I installed
VIPRE, but any new accounts I add give me the same annoying "Your
computer is configured to prevent you from using this computer.  Please try
another computer." error dialog.

In my googling I noticed that a number of international banks, especially in
Korea, are starting to require Ahnlab's software, so I expect this issue will
not
go away.  This client has a large number of laptops which roam to Mexico, so
I will probably have to deal with this again.

The user had to leave with the computer to travel home to Mexico, but I was
able to install and test LogMeIn on it so I should have remote capabilities.
Has anyone here ever run into ANYTHING like this?

FWIW the following Ahnlab software is installed on the computer (not sure
which modules are actually required by the bank):

    * Ahnlab Speedup 1.0.0.9
    * AhnlabASP Product Integrated Uninstaller
    * Ahnlab MyFirewall 2.0
    * Ahnlab MyKeyDefense 2.0
    * Ahnlab Online Security
    * Ahnlab Smart Update i

I also noticed that both the Windows Firewall and Ahnlab MyFirewall were
running at the same time.  The user had no problems before VIPRE and
Ahnlab got in a fight, so I don't know if that is related.  If Ahnlab only
kicks in
when the user access Banamex sites, then its MyFirewall "should" not be
active most of the time.

Again, ideas welcome.  Unfortunately I only have limited access to the
problem machine, so I'm both looking for other users who have encountered
Ahnlab and other users who have encountered this extremely wierd account-
lockout problem.

TIA for any help.

Angus