Glen, Michael, Brian,

Thanks for your help in this. I do appreciate it.

Been looking at this the whole time, in between interruptions galore...

I got it finally - 'twas stupid target fixation on my part. I somehow
got set on fa0.1 being the native VLAN, and on each subinterface being
in its own bridge-group matching the VLAN number. Once I fixed that,
it works just fine.

For posterity, you have to make the management VLAN native (in this
config it's VLAN 99 and fa0.99), and assign it to bridge-group 1, then
assign the other VLANs to their own bridge-groups (and it's easiest,
if not required) to make the bridge-group the same number as the
VLAN). Then the IP address assigned for the WAP in the management VLAN
has to be placed on the BVI1 interface.

Lastly, always check layer 1 first. Just saying...

Below are working WAP and HP switch configs, which assume that the WAP
is in switch port 8, and that port 9 is the trunk port to the layer 3
switch:

----------Begin WAP Config----------
version 12.4
no service pad
service timestamps debug datetime msec
service timestamps log datetime msec
service password-encryption
!
hostname wap121-IT
!
enable secret 5 (removed)
!
no aaa new-model
clock timezone -0800 -8
clock summer-time -0700 recurring
!
!
dot11 vlan-name VLAN115 vlan 115
dot11 vlan-name VLAN120 vlan 120
!
dot11 ssid guest
   vlan 120
   authentication open
   mbssid guest-mode dtim-period 2
!
dot11 ssid production
   vlan 115
   authentication open
   authentication key-management wpa
   wpa-psk ascii 7 (removed)
!
power inline negotiation prestandard source
!
!
username Cisco privilege 15 password 7 (removed)
username readonly password 7 (removed)
username ifteam privilege 15 secret 5 (removed)
!
bridge irb
!
!
interface Dot11Radio0
 no ip address
 no ip route-cache
 !
 encryption mode ciphers tkip
 !
 encryption vlan 115 mode ciphers tkip
 !
 ssid guest
 !
 ssid production
 !
 antenna transmit right
 antenna receive right
 mbssid
 speed  basic-6.0 9.0 12.0 18.0 24.0 36.0 48.0 54.0
 power client 20
 channel 2437
 station-role root
 bridge-group 1
 bridge-group 1 block-unknown-source
 no bridge-group 1 source-learning
 no bridge-group 1 unicast-flooding
 bridge-group 1 spanning-disabled
!
interface Dot11Radio0.115
 encapsulation dot1Q 115
 no ip route-cache
 bridge-group 115
 bridge-group 115 subscriber-loop-control
 bridge-group 115 block-unknown-source
 no bridge-group 115 source-learning
 no bridge-group 115 unicast-flooding
!
interface Dot11Radio0.120
 encapsulation dot1Q 120
 no ip route-cache
 bridge-group 120
 bridge-group 120 subscriber-loop-control
 bridge-group 120 block-unknown-source
 no bridge-group 120 source-learning
 no bridge-group 120 unicast-flooding
 bridge-group 120 spanning-disabled
!
interface Dot11Radio1
 no ip address
 no ip route-cache
 shutdown
 dfs band 3 block
 channel dfs
 station-role root
 bridge-group 1
 bridge-group 1 subscriber-loop-control
 bridge-group 1 block-unknown-source
 no bridge-group 1 source-learning
 no bridge-group 1 unicast-flooding
 bridge-group 1 spanning-disabled
!
interface FastEthernet0
 no ip address
 no ip route-cache
 duplex auto
 speed auto
!
interface FastEthernet0.99
 encapsulation dot1Q 99 native
 no ip route-cache
 bridge-group 1
 no bridge-group 1 source-learning
 bridge-group 1 spanning-disabled
!
interface FastEthernet0.115
 encapsulation dot1Q 115
 no ip route-cache
 bridge-group 115
 no bridge-group 115 source-learning
 bridge-group 115 spanning-disabled
!
interface FastEthernet0.120
 encapsulation dot1Q 120
 no ip route-cache
 bridge-group 120
 no bridge-group 120 source-learning
 bridge-group 120 spanning-disabled
!
interface BVI1
 ip address 192.168.99.121 255.255.255.0
 no ip route-cache
!
ip default-gateway 192.168.99.1
ip http server
ip http authentication local
no ip http secure-server
ip http help-path http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/779/smbiz/prodconfig/help/eag
snmp-server view dot11view ieee802dot11 included
snmp-server view ieee802dot11 ieee802dot11 included
snmp-server community public RO
snmp-server contact IFTeam
bridge 1 route ip
!
!
!
line con 0
 login local
line vty 0 4
 login local
!
sntp server 192.168.10.191
sntp broadcast client
end
----------End WAP Config-----------

-----------Begin Switch Config----------
hostname "HP PoE WAPs Server room 99.22"
max-vlans 10
time timezone -480
time daylight-time-rule Continental-US-and-Canada
ip default-gateway 192.168.99.1
sntp server 192.168.10.191
logging 192.168.10.225
snmp-server community "public" Operator
snmp-server community "private" Operator Unrestricted
vlan 1
   name "DEFAULT_VLAN"
   untagged 1-8
   ip address dhcp-bootp