You are right...with cars, I am a "special user". I expect that I am being
slated on a mechanic's list somewhere :-)

Typed frustratingly slowly on my BlackBerry® wireless device

-----Original Message-----
From: Steven Peck <sep...@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2011 15:22:28
To: NT System Admin Issues<ntsysadmin@lyris.sunbelt-software.com>
<ntsysadmin@lyris.sunbelt-software.com>Subject: Re: Intel developing security
'game-changer'

We all have our share of special users.  Those are interesting stories.
Some of us have our share of educational victories as well.  Those that
learn after getting the right information after only one or two bad
experiences.

For instance, I have this thing in my kitchen that makes things hot (my wife
calls it an oven).  If I have a recipe that I follow I can get an
approximation of edible food.  Sometimes I get lucky and it's really good,
other times it's merely a lesson in what doesn't work.  In the cooking world
I am that 'special user'.  Fortunately my wife does not mock me for it,
although I am beginning to suspect a correlation between my attempts to bake
and her loud sighs, I may have to chart the occurrences.

For our special users (even our general ones), we must remember that people
learn differently and often we must craft our educational message to fit our
users ability to comprehend.  Educating people on social engineering is a
rather time consuming task.  Lot's to be learned from the advertising fields
in how to present the same overall message in different formats for user
consumption.

Steven Peck
http://www.blkmtn.org