-----Original Message-----
From: Ben Scott [mailto:mailvor...@gmail.com]
Posted At: Monday, January 31, 2011 5:12 PM
Posted To: itli...@imcu.com
Conversation: Copying large file
Subject: Re: Copying large file

On Mon, Jan 31, 2011 at 9:30 AM, itli...@imcu.com <itli...@imcu.com>
wrote:
> I am trying to copy a 67Gb .bak file from a USB drive to a SAS
> Raid-5 drive and I get an error after like 2 hours saying I couldn't
> copy the file???

  What is the **EXACT** error message you get?  Copy it verbatim.
(Copy-and-paste if possible.)

  As others have suggested, try ROBOCOPY.  If nothing else, it gives
better diagnostics than most things.

  Check Event Viewer for anything related to the disk subsystem or
filesystem drivers.

  CHKDSK the source drive; make sure the filesystem is good.

  If you run out of ideas: Try "CHKDSK /R" on the source drive.  It
will likely take several or more hours, but it will confirm the disk
and the interface is good.

-- Ben