We used to do the 1.5 times size of ram here, but since windows 2008 we
stopped mucking around with the settings on most of our servers.  If some
specific server has needs, the assigned engineer will look at it on an
individual basis but frankly it's just not something to really worry about
for 95% of our servers.  The remaining 5% are either high performance apps
or old systems held together with duct tape and hope (as in hope you are not
on call when it finally dies a horrible death).

Steven Peck
http://www.blkmtn.org