Yes, it's not defined in the schema as an available attribute to the user
object class. It's only valid for computer, print-queue, room, site, and subnet
object classes. http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms676839(v=VS.85).aspx

From: David Lum [mailto:david....@nwea.org]
Sent: Thursday, February 03, 2011 11:21 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: ADMOD question

This works perfectly:
c:\automate\admod -b "CN=David Lum,OU=Users,OU=Main,DC=Mydomain,DC=ORG"
"roomNumber::5West-48"

Changing nothing but roomNumber to location it fails with "object class
violation" which makes me think location can't take the string field I am
sending it. I have tried different values but all fail.

This page makes it look like it should works as well:
http://www.aspfree.com/c/a/Windows-Scripting/Modifying-Computer-Objects-with-Active-Directory/

Ideas?
David Lum // SYSTEMS ENGINEER
NORTHWEST EVALUATION ASSOCIATION
(Desk) 503.548.5229 // (Cell) 503.267.9764

or send an email to