Absolutely.  It's not always as easy it sounds, depending on distance,
construction, etc.

From: Andrew S. Baker [mailto:asbz...@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, February 07, 2011 3:59 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Re: OT: desktop network switches

"Install extra cabling" is a solution that has greater expense, and requires
far more permission that "install unmanaged switch" in most circumstances.

There are plenty of valid scenarios where you will not have the opportunity
to add more network drops to a location, and for which the temporary or
permanent deployment of unmanaged switches will be entirely reasonable.

ASB (Find me online via About.Me <http://about.me/Andrew.S.Baker/bio> )
Exploiting Technology for Business Advantage...

On Sun, Feb 6, 2011 at 10:49 PM, James Hill <james.h...@superamart.com.au>