I'm coming into this a bit late, but since you're billing time and materials
here, I'm trying to figure out the scope of your project.  The OP just
states that you're intested in standing up a 2008 DC.  The question is why.
Is it your intention to migrate away from SBS 2003 and go with...what,
separate DC's, separate Exchange?