Wuauclt /detectnow from the command prompt to encourage them to check in

From: Andrew S. Baker [mailto:asbz...@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 10, 2011 2:11 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Re: XP PCs aren't connecting to WSUS Server

What do you mean by "manually launch Windows Update" ?

Windows Update / Microsoft Update is just a website.   On Vista/Win7, if
you try to go there, you are redirected to open up the internal Windows
Update applet (for lack of a better term), whether or not you have WSUS
installed.

Previous versions don't offer that option.

ASB (Find me online via About.Me <http://about.me/Andrew.S.Baker/bio> )
Exploiting Technology for Business Advantage...

On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 4:57 PM, Bob Hartung <bhart...@wiscoind.com>