Yes, it is.

Sean Rector, MCSE

From: Jonathan [mailto:ncm...@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 15, 2011 12:22 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Re: Strange account lockout situation

Just for kicks, is the time correct (and specifically in sync with the
DCs) on all systems?

Jonathan - Thumb typed from my HTC Droid Incredible (and yes, it really
is) on the Verizon network.

On Feb 15, 2011 11:39 AM, "Sean Rector" <sean.rec...@vaopera.org> wrote:
> Hello all,
>

> I've got a strange one. Laptop is running Windows XP, SP3, ISA Client,
> and Office 2010; it is current on all patches. AD is 2008 with 3 DC's.
> Mail Server is Exchange 2003, Exchange 2010 in organization, not being
> used yet.
>

> After random intervals, primarily when user is surfing the Internet,
the
> user account will become locked out (5 retries causes a lockout).
> Workstation has been scanned for virii using Vipre Rescue (we run
Vipre
> Enterprise), and MBAM - nothing has been found (just to cover *that*
> possible cause). In doing some experimenting, I've found the
following:

> ISA Client connected fine during the entire test
>
> Outlook / Exchange may be the cause - nearly whenever the user is
> looking at other users' calendars, the account locks out
>
> Our Intranet web page displays the company calendar - a Public Folder
> calendar - and it is requesting credentials every time - from nearly
> everyone.
>

> The account becoming locked out is hitting 2 users only. The
difference
> in the other user is that he's running Windows 7 Pro - everything else
> is the same.
>

> Ideas?
>

> Sean Rector, MCSE
>

> Information Technology Manager
> Virginia Opera Association
> E-Mail: sean.rec...@vaopera.org
> Phone: (757) 213-4548 (direct line)
> {+}
> Subscriptions and tickets are on sale now!?
> The Valkyrie?? |?? Madama Butterfly
> Visit us online at www.VaOpera.org or call 1-866-OPERA-VA
> The vision of Virginia Opera is to enrich lives through the powerful
integration of music, voice and human drama.

> This e-mail and any attached files are confidential and intended
solely for the intended recipient(s). Unless otherwise specified,
persons unnamed as recipients may not read, distribute, copy or alter
this e-mail. Any views or opinions expressed in this e-mail belong to
the author and may not necessarily represent those of Virginia Opera.
Although precautions have been taken to ensure no viruses are present,
Virginia Opera cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage that
may arise from the use of this e-mail or attachments.