Hi all

We currently have a Siemens router installed and wish to connect it to our
internal LAN. We have a network outlet point nearby. My question is this.
Should we use a straight-through cable? I have a hunch that the engineer in
charge of the router installation connected it to the network outlet point
using a cross-over cable. And at the network switch the connection has been
patched with a straight-through cable. Hence our inability to ping it. Any
comments welcome.

TIA
Peter